The Best-Quality Rug Pad in Louisville, KY
Sophia’s Rugs proudly provides you with the best-quality Rug Pad in Louisville, KY! Rug pads for hardwood floors are essential because they protect both the floor underneath and the rug and prevent slip and fall incidents. In addition, rug pads make cleaning easier and maximize your rug’s lifespan by protecting it against excess pressure, which is one of the most destructive factors to rugs.
What is Rug Pad?
Rug Pad is an additional cushioning layer added between the floor and your rug.
It balances the foot traffic pressure on your rug to protect it against wearing out, mainly caused by excessive foot traffic. Rug pads also prevent slip and fall incidents which can have severe consequences if ignored.
What are the benefits of Rug Pad?
Rug Pad has many advantages, such as:
- It preserves your area rug’s original condition longer and expands its lifespan.
- The extra layer makes the area rug feel more comfortable and fluffy as you walk over it.
- Rug Pad absorbs and neutralizes squeaky noises when somebody steps on the area rug.
- The Rug Pad prevents your area rug from sliding across the floor and prevents damage to the area rug.
- In areas with extreme climates, Rug Pad can act as insulation.
- Rug Pad resists the growth of bugs such as moths, carpet beetles, and other bacterial organisms.
What type of rug pads do we have to offer?
At Sophia’s rug store in Louisville, KY, we offer two main types of rug pads for your precious rugs. The first is a non-slip rug pad, and the second is a sticky rug pad.
As self-explanatory, the non-slip rug pad is neither attached to the rug nor the floor. Therefore, any type of flooring in your home is an excellent option because it won’t stick to the surface.
On the other hand, a sticky rug pad is sticky on both sides and is suitable for putting your area rug on a carpet.
How do we install rug pads?
We’ll remove your rug first and measure it. Accordingly, we will cut the pad to a suitable size. Typically, the rug pad is placed slightly smaller than the rug to hide under it. After that, we put the rug pad in that place and straightened it carefully. Finally, we press the rug onto the rug pad when we are sure there are no wrinkles.
If you need more info about our rug pads or you’d like to order a custom-sized rug for your, please give us a call today or fill out the form below so we’ll call you the same day!